Friday, January 29, 2010

Banana Travelling Case

Since we seem to be on a roll with the whole banana theme there I thought I'd add some photos of a banana traveling case I have in my possession.  I don't recall where I picked this up but it was many years ago and I have never had an opportunity to use it.
On the face of it, this seems to be one of the more practical banana accessories you can buy. After all, who hasn't gone to unzip and fruity treat from a brown bag and found it mushed all over the Tupperware? 
The case itself is pretty indestructible and clips together nicely to encase the banana with little holes so that it doesn't get too sweaty.
  
Sadly however, it's really hard to find any banana that actually fits!   The banana in the photo had to be bent back in order to fit the curvature and was difficult the get out.  Maybe the case is designed only for European Union bananas where restriction on size and shape are carefully regulated.

No comments: