Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pencil Droppings


Well you know when you're scraping the blog barrel when you start writing about dropping one of your art supplies, especially if it isn't a bottle of ink all over your finished masterpiece while on deadline, but I was reminded of how amazing the process we call "scanning" is follow an incident earlier today. 


I generally scan my originals in at 600 DPI, a size that would have crashed all but the most powerful computers 10 years ago but nowadays is probably standard. The detail when viewing full size is greater than you could see with the naked eye causing my clean inks to look crude and all the minor flaws to be glaringly prevalent.  The bullet hole above in Eightball's foot is the accidental result of a mechanical pencil tip bouncing on Bristol board.  It was easily removed with Photoshop.

2 comments:

john said...

I symapthise about the ink...done it myself...

arcticcircle said...

These are the blog posts we live for, Lemon!!!!