Monday, August 9, 2010

Book Review


A haughty shout out and shameless plug for "Dewey Defeats Truman" by my fellow Tall Tale Feature creature Lucas Turnbloom who draws the most astoundingly excellent Imagine This (mentioned numerous times on this blog before and once again today).  This is the second collection of Imagine This strips (although somehow I seem to have three books) and it includes a whole bunch of slick extras including a new seventeen page never seen before story, a bunch of guest strips by other illustrious and famous artists plus a foreword from the legendary Richard Thompson of Cul-de-Sac. I just got my copy in the mail and it oozes wonderfulness. Get your copy here.


One of the guest strips is by yours truly, which eerily foretold the book title on the newspaper in the last panel. Lucas talks about the book on this weeks episode of Comic's Coast to Coast.  And while on the subject of guest strips, I've been busy! Keep an eye for Irma Eriksson's much anticipated new Imy collection coming soon.

2 comments:

Lucas said...

Lem,

You're awesome! Thanks for the plug, amigo!

-LT

J. Lemon said...

Lucas! My pleasure is in your leisure. Love the book.